Monday, July 6, 2009

I Was Peed On (Aku Kena Kencing)

When will I ever learn? At this age now I should have known better right? But, sadly that was not the case; I was peed on yet again (aku kena kencing lagi). Yeah, go ahead and laugh at my so easily trusting nature, though I was always conscious, but when I meet my own country people in a strange land, I just want to believe them always.

A familiar question `Are you from the Philippines?’ was the ice breaking and got us rolling into an….. oh so missing home style conversation. When he used the words `saya Penang mali’ (I am from Penang), it was undeniably that was the way we talked there. I was delighted, happy and so willing to go on exchanging stories. He seemed so genuine in telling me to be careful where I go and who I befriend, because there are too many fake places and people here. I was like, alright, noted.

In his shop he was offering me some good discounts as he claimed, and that I will not be given the same price anywhere else. What the heck why wait right, just get what I want and leave, he even gave me 4 postcards as gratis. He waved his goodbye with good wishes for my stay as I was leaving.

Three shops down, I discovered that they were selling the same stuff at a cheaper price, ok, whatever. Then on our last night out, just next to our hotel in a souvenirs’ shop, the stuff was selling at nearly half of the price that I had early paid to my country man.

Need I say more? Malaysia Boleh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bullshit always.

No comments: