Monday, July 6, 2009

Please Disembark

Yes, this is the second time that I experience the request to disembark a due to taxi plane. First when I was flying out from Algeria to Dubai en route Casablanca a couple of years back. Funny thing was that from the window of my seat I could see my familiar Timberland luggage bag on the tarmac, together with my Samsonite document bag, and was just wondering what was going on when my name was announced to step to the back of the plane. I was surprised of course, but not afraid or shocked, I went to the tarmac and met with the flight security people, they wanted to confirm that those bags were mine and that I was checking them through to Dubai, though I am making a stop at Casablanca. Well, that was my working life before. I have to work to survive and to give my kids the best.

Anyways, yesterday, we were all seated on the A-320 flight and were about 5 minutes to flying time, when an announcement was made for all the back row passengers to disembark the plane. I was already sleeping, by the way this has become my habit, once I am seated in the plane, I will just doze off till mid air, arrrrrr…………….. my sleep is being disturbed now. Obediently, all of us from the back row marched out of the plane, only to be greeted by strong winds and light rain, as well as the smell of jet fuel which was being blown by the moving propeller.

Most of the passengers were on the tarmac, I just stood on the stairs of the plane, while making stupid conversation with one of the passenger and waving to my little angel, who was so obedient to be standing on the tarmac. We were told that they were experiencing some technical problems, and that the back door of the plane refused to be shut, and it will take some time to resolve the problems.

During moments like this my contemplating mind will be all over the place, the I wish I would have done list just come flashing and racing each other in my train of thoughts.

Alhamdulillah, for a smooth touchdown after more than 2 hours of flying. Thank you Lord.

No comments: