Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pining Grandma



We were on the IKEA bus, and with the best seat of four where we don’t have to share with any other passengers. However, I noticed a single father parking a baby stroller at the stroller’s bay before carrying his toddler son for a seat that was just in front of us.

As more people starts to climb onto the bus, the temperature was beginning to be unbearable, I could see that the toddler was getting restless, and as the bus moved, his agitation was getting more, while the poor father was trying very hard to calm him.

I offered to take care of the toddler all the way for the more than 30 minutes ride; babies are just wonderful creatures to me. I sang to him and soon he was asleep in my arms, the father took the opportunity to steal a nap too knowing that his child was safe with me.

The experience was therapeutic for a pining grandma.

No comments: