Monday, July 13, 2009

Today

Today you may be the one that is laughing at me
Today you may be the one that is sneering at me
Today you may be the one that is gossiping about me
Today you may be the one that is blaming all on me
But deep in your heart you know the truth

Today you are being loved by all
Today you are being saluted by all
Today you are being welcomed by all
Today you are being wanted by all
But deep in your heart you know the truth

Today you can’t even call me by my name
Today you can’t even call me a friend
Today you can’t even call me a mother
Today you can’t even call me at all
But deep in your heart you know the truth

Today like many other days I sit and wonder
Today like many other days I sit and ponder
Today like many other days I sit and cry
Today like many other days I sit and pray
But deep in my heart I know the truth

No comments: