Thursday, May 14, 2009

Waiting................

Some nights I will catch mom waking up and standing while staring out from the glass windows. Noticing how forlorn her looks were, I will asked her whom was she waiting for, she will just simply answer that the cats were making too much noise, and go back to bed.

However, I know mom was waiting for someone to come back, I can only imagine what went through her mind as she closed her eyes in anticipation of the arrivals. The next morning she will get up very early, and repeat the night ritual before she performs her `subuh’ prayers.

As the daylight starts to break, mom would have finished all her chores, and you will see her waiting by the doorsteps in the kitchen, talking to us but yet you can see her eyes every once a while looking at the gate, hoping that the familiar sight of the one she was waiting for driving through.

I hate to see mom like this, she will wait tirelessly if she knows that any of her kids are coming home, she will cook extra food, clean the house, just do anything to keep herself busy from just merely counting the hours before the arrival.

Having witnessed the painful wait that mom never get bored of, I have for a long time decided not to tell her anymore if I was coming home, it breaks my heart to see her preparing for the welcome, and then to have all her anticipation crash when the promise of returning home goes unfulfilled. The prepared food gone to waste, and the sleepless night wait just for nothing.

It has been a long time now since I return to mom’s house; I wonder if mom still waits anxiously for the return of her children, I hope not because mom has more urgent matters on her mind now.

May the Lord bless mom with happy news only, and take away all the miseries from her heart.

No comments: