Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tell Me, Are You Afraid of Death?

You asked me once if I believe in God, I was surprised, very surprised, as you had attended the religious school for more years than anyone of us. I told you, yes I am a strong believer in God, and you laugh at me, you start asking me to describe God.

Thinking about this now, I wonder if you ever feel any guilt in confusing my mind and emotions at a tender age. You asked me to imagine the probability of none believing what was taught by the religious teachers to me. You pointed out that I would be stupid to believe that there will even be a doomsday.

I must admit that I was nearly taken by what you told me, I nearly wanted to believe that you were right after all, I keep thinking about our discussion over and over again, each time I closed my eyes, each time I walked the road to and from school, my mind was circling to what you have said. But, Alhamdulillah, I was never misguided, and I will always kneel in praise to Him.

Everyone is praying for you now, though your pride is still telling you not to bow down, I hope one day you will realize that we all will have to surrender to Him, no matter who you are, or who you think you are.

Are you still in denial? Do you think that fate can overcome faith? You should consider yourself lucky, in fact you are lucky all your life, but do remember luck do runs dry someday.

Tell me, are you afraid of death?

No comments: