Friday, May 8, 2009

An Angel's Gift



I was nicely tucked in bed ready to play my Zuma, when my little angel walked into the room with a note pad in her hand, my instant thought was that she wanted assistance with her homework again. Suddenly she bends and gives me a kiss on my cheek, holding the note pad toward me, she said “Happy Birthday mama, I have a present for you”.

I took the note pad which was tied with a tiny white ribbon together with a statement clip with it…….. but you have already given me a birthday present, she smiled and confidently told me “consider that one as my mother’s day gift to you”. This tiny brain of a little angel, I am still trying to configure it right…. Ha ha ha.

I opened the note pad, and my heart felt a strong twitch of pride, while I could feel warm tears welling slowly in my eyes, ever so thoughtful, she took all the trouble to do this creative capture of her perception of me.

She confessed that the project was put together with the help of her Chef sister , and it took her less then a week to pen her ideas on the note pad, so meticulous she was, even the note pad was bought with the right number of pages to incorporate my age. She even apologized because she could not get a more presentable note pad.

Nothing matters to me more than the love that you shower on me each day of your growing life, and I hope you will still love me as much in years to come.

Thank you Lord for this little angel.

No comments: