Monday, May 25, 2009

An Angel Sigh

She walked into the room less elated than her normal home coming after school. Her bubbly story line became a bit of coxing, thus turning into questions and answers. I can see that she was holding back a huge sadness in her little heart.

She finally blurted it out that, she has done her best, she even thought that the last Math assessment was much easier than the one before, `I don’t fail Ma, but I was expecting a much higher score’, the sadness in her voice was so hollow. I could only mumble that it was alright, you have tried your best; we will leave the rest to the Lord.

There was something more upsetting to her than just the unexpected score; it was the remarks that were put in RED on her paper by the tutor, and his attitude towards her. I have been the type of mother that will not take her children’s side easily, this is because I don’t want them to come back and start twiddling me around their little fingers.

We discussed, I diplomatically probe and probe, till I am satisfied that she was filling me up with the truth of the situation, therefore, I decided to write on the remarks that was made by the Math tutor, demanding for an explanation for such remarks.

I saw my little angel sigh a sign of relief that her mother is on her side, which I will always be.

1 comment:

redSeptember said...

i can see that she is so beginning to be like me in this matter. always want the best and never settle for less.

gambatte ne!!