Saturday, May 16, 2009

Beaten

Growing up in a big family was never an easy experience, I lost track of faces and characters, I got confused by the brutality of situation, I shudder from the constant abuse witnessed, and I became a total emotional rag.

The responsibilities were free will; my parents have no control of us until after the building of our house was completed. There are still a lot of puzzles that I could not put together; questions I hope someday will be answered.

I witnessed beatings that still sent shivers to my spine, I remember seeing how her skin changed color from very red, to blue and black, traces of blood was also seen, she could hardly walk properly, as the instrument used for the beating was a very thick plank of wood, she dragged herself, limping to carry on the days. I don’t understand why no one could say nothing, or even stopped the abusive act, or even come to protect her.

There were days that I still dream of the poor sight of that girl, she was not even allowed to cry, he would gag her mouth to shut up, it was a horrifying memory for me, I sometimes wish that the ground would just open and swallow her, so that she will not suffer from the continuous beatings anymore.

Weird as it may sound, he was not even living in the same house, but he had so much power over everyone that we grew to tiptoe around when he was home I just feared him.

Then, I remember he would not come home for a long time, however, when he returns, his beating continues, he was just ferocious.

How heartless can you be?

No comments: