Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tofu Stomach

Out of nowhere my little angel requested that I cook `lodeh’ as one of the dishes for dinner tonight, how can I say no to this request. However, I told her that she will have to drop by at the Asia shop after school to get the tofu and the bean curd stick (perut tofu). She agreed.

After school she called to inform me that she was at the Asia shop, she got the tofu, but could not find the bean curd stick. She wanted to ask the shop assistant if they carry this product, which I was sure they have. She said what do you call `perut tofu’ in English, I was so blur then and I could not put a name to that question, after waiting a while she said can I just ask him if they have tofu stomach, her innocence was so hilarious, that I burst out laughing, and told her it was alright if she could not find it.

The `lodeh’ was served, dinner was done, desert finished, yet in my mind I was still wondering what could `perut tofu’ be in English. It is while I was in the shower when I figured out that `perut tofu’ is actually bean curd stick.

So much for a name ……………… huh!!!!

No comments: