Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weddings No More

There were days that the simplest everyday encounters will make us stop and reflect on the trials and tribulations that we might have faced or still fresh in a compartment in our brain.

One of these things that no matter how many times I will have to witness, read or pause upon will be a wedding. Sadly what is supposed to be a memorable occasion had turned out to be something of a nightmare for me. I don’t think I will ever view a wedding in the same way that I had once thought of it to be.

Very often I told my three angels that if any of them wishes to be married, they will surely have my blessing with whoever they choose to share their life with. However, I am no longer interested to attend the wedding, or to organize the wedding or to be a very big part of the wedding. Of course, I don’t want to hurt their feelings, and I told them over and over again that weddings bring bad, indeed very bad memories to me, and I am very sure that they do understand my predicament and respect what I no longer see as something so special.

I told them that they can get married wherever I am in this world, but I will only pay for 10 of their best of friends and people that mean the world to them. Nothing extravagant, nothing to show off, and nothing that they themselves could not afford. They have to remember that it is their wedding and I should not be burdened with anything for that.

I see my angels wedding as something very very exclusive where no morons will be allowed to attend, something very simple yet elegant, something that everyone will come with a smile and leave with a smile, something that the foundation of a strong family unit will be built upon.

To all my angels, you know I love you with all of me from above and beyond, but just understand that weddings are no longer my kind of thing. I will support you in everything you want to do, and advise you where you might go astray in your decisions, but I will no longer be the party that you can trash on and walk away, as though I am just a piece of shit.

No comments: