Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Freeloader

My so wannabe girlfriend called (actually I have blocked her for weeks now, hoping that I will just vanish from her mind, boy was I surprised?) and told me that her husband has decided to go back to work, and got a friend to hire him as a sales person in Singapore.

Since the company will not be paying for their accommodation, they decided to bunk in with her brother and family in a 3 bedroom apartment in Singapore. Mind you the brother has also got a live in maid, so do your own calculation and imagine.

Her brother has also got a daughter who at the age of 14 has a tongue that can lash out at anything and anyone without a second of a thought. After almost a month of living like rats hurdled together in the tiny apartment, the niece out of nowhere during a family dinner function told them off that they should be very fortunate to be living with them, as they are truly the freeloader kind of people.

Now she is taking offence on these remarks, the husband (oh wait I forgot to mention who is a British, believe it or not) too wants to avenge on the niece, and when she told me I could not help but burst out laughing so much. I thought it was really hilarious if as adults they don’t understand that the niece wants her space, and that they are like rodents on her family unit.

Obviously, I gave her a piece of my mind and I told her that I will never side with her as what she is doing is not right. If they both are working, why the hell are they bunking in in someone else’s house? It is eminent to me that they don’t understand what respect and to be respected is all about.

She was upset with my comments and refused to talk to me again; well it is her loss not mine. I was never a freeloader…………………… ha ha ha, take that!!!!!!!

No comments: