Sunday, October 24, 2010

I Was Smiling Back

Using a public toilet anywhere in this world is not one of my favorite things, especially living here now; all the public toilets are not equipped with a water hose. But you can never fight nature’s call; last Saturday when we were in Parndorf I had this urgent call to visit the toilet.

The queue to the ladies cabin was far too long, I have no choice but to stand in the queue and wait for my turn. I have no idea how many cabins there were, judging from the queue I think they were very limited.

While standing in the queue I saw an able woman using the handicapped cabin, and when she left I was very tempted to use the cabin, but my conscious told me to wait and see if there were any handicapped people in line, obviously there were none. Suddenly, I saw another woman at the back of the queue making an attempt to take advantage of the handicapped cabin. No way was I going to let her do that. Like a flash of lightening I found myself inside.

The cabin was not a pretty sight, leaving me with no choice but to start cleaning the toilet seat thoroughly before using it. Once I got seated I started to scan the whole cabin, it was big and equipped with a private sink. This is just perfect for me; at least there is water to wash. Then I looked on the floor, and hey, wait a minute, there was a hundred euros note smiling up at me. I thought this was just an illusion from being a minute janitor, I continued with my business, yet my attention took me to where the euros were smiling at me.

The excitement just cut short whatever was bothering my stomach earlier. I went to pick up the smiling euros, and was I surprised that inside the smiling hundred euros were more smiling euros. At that moment I started to smile too, I guess I was just returning the smile from the euros.

You will never know when you can get lucky………………….. today was mine, and I am smiling still.

1 comment:

redSeptember said...

so that means more smiling shoes and shopping for me!!