Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wondering If My Life Is Already Plotted

I don’t know what’s up with me today; I was just down and feeling sorry for myself. Wondering if life is what it really is. Wondering if my life is already plotted or am I in control. Moments like this I hate so much, but you cannot escape your down moment, you are bound to have it every now and then, but what is important is that you do not sit on it for too long.

In my contemplation I was asking is this my destiny, or is it just my fate? How do you differentiate between destiny and fate? I was made to believe that I am born with my destiny, the moment that I was this dot of embryo in my mom’s ovary, so my destiny begins, therefore, I cannot change my destiny, (do I make sense?).

I guess I am destined to be someone else but due to a twist of fate I became someone else. To me, life is nothing but an interplay of destiny and fate on my own life journey. Can I blame anyone for the predetermine destiny of my life, can I say that after all I am born to this world, just to fulfill a destiny? Can I say that my destiny was an accumulation of extra-ordinary karma from my parents?

However, I don’t believe that I should lament on my destiny, as I remembered my mom once so often will tell us that we could not change the way we look as that was how the Lord has sculpted us to be, but we can change our life if we work hard enough to achieve our goals. It is entirely logical to assume that while destiny is beyond our control, fate is something that is willed by us. I believe that we are born with brains that is a super powerful tool to control the overall results of our life, thus it is up to me to use this tool to good.

So as I carry on sitting here busy playing Zuma, my mind is too far away from this destiny, wondering if life is really what it is, or is there more to life then I really know.

1 comment:

Shadi said...

I heard this once:

"we cannot change our destiny, but we can do our best until our destiny is revealed"