Sunday, January 11, 2009

Till We Meet Again

The last week prior to departure was pure madness; there was so much to do and so little time. Friends were calling around the clock, lunch and dinner appointments to fulfill, not forgetting trying to give the best of time to the kids I am leaving behind.

Check-list still half way done, I was utterly living like a zombie, waking up at 0545 hours every day to transport Chef Diva to college, leaving home very early so that I would be in time for all the appointed time with the government department. It was really draining me out. I was so deprived of sleep and alone time for me, but I have to move on as time is not waiting for me at all.

I was still packing till the last hour before leaving home, it was nice to have my son to light up the moment of stress, and he was making fun of me, poking remarks here and there, and enabling everyone to be in a jovial mood. In total there were six luggage bags, this means that all of us cannot fit into my car.

Called for a back up van from the public transportation, which took the luggage, hubby, me, little angel and my eldest princesses. We left home at 2300 hours; in the midst of all the rush, there were things that were left behind unintentionally, and one of it was my wrist watch. Ahhh…….well.

The queue at the airport was long, and I hate queues, at the same time I was worried that we could be so over weight, which obviously we were. Our turn to check in came finally after nearly 45 minutes of queuing. I could not lift most of the bags as they were super heavy, luckily my eldest princesses was there with her muscle to assist us. We were overweight by 24 kgs., smile, pray and a bit of charm got us through without any penalty.

Saying goodbye was never easy, but life has to go on. After a lot of hugs, kisses, advice, we finally walked down the accelerator to the immigration check point. Tears were flowing from my eldest princess’s eyes as well was my little angel. It was like a dream, we were so together one minute and now we are separated, I was just holding my tears, for my heart was full of prayers.

Till we meet again, I love you endless.

No comments: