Monday, January 12, 2009

Count Your Change

I have this bad habit of drawing money from the ATM and just dumping it in my handbag, without a clue to how much balance will still be available after some spending. On many occasions whatever shortage will be complimented by the credit card; however it is not applicable at cash counters, so if this happened to be at the cash counter, I will just put away some items and just pay for the most required one at the moment.

On the last few days that I was running around like crazy, I had to make quick stops a couple of times to get food for the kids. This is because I was so pressed for time.

While trying to complete my chores on time, I would plan my travel as such that everything will take place in one area only. One fine day I was in the vicinity of TTDI near Ayamas, and it so happened that some friends were coming over for dinner. I decided to stop and get a couple of chicken to be roasted later.

Once inside the shop I was lost to the real thing that I wanted against the things that my eyes told me to get, so instead of just 2 pieces of chicken, I got more. The store was quite empty then, it was quick for the cashier to attend to me, only that this time I was the one holding the cashier up, yeah you guessed right, I DON’T HAVE ENOUGH CASH …… (gosh).

Having done digging and emptying my entire handbag, I told the cashier to take some of the items away, as I was short of RM7.00. I did not realize that there was a man waiting in line to pay too and he was witnessing all this, I guess he must have seen how pathetic I was, suddenly he offered to pay the difference. I wished the ground would open up and swallow me immediately.

No matter what I said he is not taking no for an answer, and he is not even letting me pay him back afterwards. Despite being so embarrassed, I thanked him a million times.

On this day a guardian angel was watching on me. Thank you God and whoever you are this good Samaritan, I pray that your good deeds be rewarded double fold.

Moral of the story, count your change before hitting the counter.

No comments: