Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Little Angel Fell

Walking with my little angel this morning and with a road map in my hand in search of the place that I was to have an appointment gave me a feeling of realization that this is home now. The chilling wind was sending shivers right to our bones; we tried to walk as fast as we could.

However, reading road maps had never been my forte, despite finding the road we still could not find the building, so we had to stop a stranger on the road and seek assistance. The stranger was so kind to go an extra mile to even walk us to the place we were looking for. We were elated.

As my steps grew bigger in keeping up with the stranger, I did not realized that my little angel was struggling to walk in her boots and new fancy pants, while at the same time trying to keep up with our pace on the slippery snowy pavement, then suddenly we heard a sound, a sound of someone falling so hard on the pavement, I turned around horrified to see my little angel had fallen. It is not an ordinary fall; she fell hard on the slippery pavement full of tiny gravels.

She was close to tears, safe for the stranger that was with us, she held back the tears while rubbing both her scratched palms, and as I helped her back to her feet I could see that one of her knees was in terrible pain too, my heart just wretched to see my little angel in so much pain, how I wish I could switch place with her and bear all the pain instead, but the Lord knows better.

After the appointment, I took her to the 7th district, she loved this place as it reminded her of the similarity of New York scene, but nothing could overcome the pain that she was enduring, so our trip was cut short, and we decided to go back home instead.

What started as a joyful morning, ended with me feeling so guilty of the pain my little angel experienced.

2 comments:

redSeptember said...

omg! siannyer!

nana, be careful k. slowly rub the bruises to hilangkan dia. kalau tak tahan sakit, then don't.

love.

Anonymous said...

Amal, be careful. Bamin and Kak Sha miss you sooo much here.