Tuesday, January 27, 2009

AMAL...... My Hope

In the train yesterday, my little angel told me that one of her girlfriends in school detests life at the age of 13. Then she asked why a girl feels that way when she has everything in life, and she also asked if it is a normal teenager thing.

Hemm……………. Is it a normal teenager thingy? May be, maybe not. I cannot ignore her curiosity, I have to give her the best answer possible, so that she knows that such feelings and behavior is not normal, be it in teens or any other age.

So, my answer was, when you have everything in life, you long for nothing, and you feel that there is nothing more to achieve, hence you feel useless, the least of things makes you upset and angry, you will become more envious of your friends who may have little of everything but have everything that a loving family could offer. She was silent for some minutes, and I hope my answer made sense to her.

I may not be able to provide her with every little thing that her heart desires, but I so try like crazy to give her all the attention, care and love that I could possibly give. My little angel is entering a new world in her young teenage life; I have to be extra careful in guiding her as the age gap between her and the siblings is too far for them to have a lot in common.

She is a confident little thing and I am always proud of that, with that I pray that my little angel will not even go near where her girlfriend is currently entering.

Life is so tender yet so demanding for this curious mind of AMAL.

No comments: