Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Walk in the Snow

I took a walk in the snow with my little angel today, it was surreal, it was beautiful and most of all it was blissful. The road was covered with thick snow; it was a first for my little angel besides a brief encounter shortly before we took off at the airport more than a year ago.

The look on her face was ecstatic, the wondering eyes, the extended smile, the nonstop chattering and the wanting to experience so much in this short time that we have. My mind was like the lens of a polished reporter camera, I was recording her every movement, answering all the questions asked and wishing that time could stand still just for us.

I took a walk in the snow with my little angel, this is what she wanted to do, not something that I like to do, in fact it was a dread for me, but I took that walk on the snow with my little angel. My heart was blooming with smiles knowing that I had given her the opportunity for an experience; she grabbed some snow along the way to make snow balls and giggle out loud when the cold numbed her fingers. My little angel took my breath away.

Someday she will grow up, someday she will take her own angel for a walk in the snow, and all I could wish for is that the Great Almighty guides her to a living that is full of blessing.

I took a walk in the snow with my little angel and thank you Lord for this moment.

No comments: