Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Smokers Are My Number One Enemy Now

Many may not know that in my younger days, I was smoking a lot, smoking my life away. It was the only way that I know to keep me calm, to give me all the energy that I needed to go through studies, and workloads, and to overcome all the stresses that I would encounter along the way.

My children were disgusted by my behavior, my parents too. But, nothing mattered to me, I smoked as much as I want to and when I want to, no one could stop me. Secretly, I thought I look kind of sexy with a cigarette in between my fingers always. I even smoked in my own private office, can you imagine, how disgusting that habit was then?

However, the excitement of being a first time grandma encouraged me to quit smoking. I was over excited to be taking care of my grandchild, I dreamed about things that we would be doing together, day in and day out, hence I was reminded that the first thing will be his well being, and that was for me to quit smoking. Guess what? I did……………… hooray.

But, guess what too? Sadly, I was not given the opportunity to take care of my grandchild. That is life right, you cannot win them all. At least I quit smoking for a reason.

Since I am no longer a smoker now, I find it really hard, and disgusting when I am around people who smokes, and where I am residing now, smoking is like the air that they breathe. They smoke their lives away shamelessly and without a care about other people, especially at the bus, tram and train stations. I am always never too ashamed to show them my disgust. Parents smoking with babies in their arms in the park, parents smoking with babies in their pusher strolling in the garden, what the hell, what are they thinking off?

There has to be an inaccuracy beyond belief here right? Honestly, smoking is the one thing that I find very hard to tolerate when I am in public and it frustrates me so badly.

The public smokers fail to realize that they painfully attack my lungs and nasal passages while polluting the public areas. I am so afraid that I have become such a hater for smokers that I might be verbally nasty the next time, by telling them that it is not fine to smoke in public areas, irrespective if it is open air or otherwise and that they are violating my body.

The smokers are my number one enemy now.

No comments: