Wednesday, March 7, 2012

But, Don’t Get Me Wrong

A friend who was visiting recently got me thinking when I saw her buying post cards. Nowadays, people are too busy and only write to each other through email. And here was my friend with so many post cards to be written and posted. She is still a traditionalist, I said to myself and there are not many of them around.

Whatever happened to snail mail? Those were the days, people will buy beautiful writing pads to write to each other, they will make the effort to walk to the post office, stand in the queue, get a stamp or two, stick them on the envelope and then dropped them in the post box. That was the meaning of friendship and communication then. Now everything is easy, on the computer, search the net for some free cards, copy the link and sent through emails to friends. We have become so electronic, non-personal and “non-caring”, I supposed.

I used to support snail mail, but since a couple of my packages and letters to friends went missing or being opened in the post office, I have stopped visiting the post office altogether unless and otherwise I am required to do so.

But, don’t get me wrong I love receiving cards from the postman rather than a copied link……………………….. thank you!!!!!!

1 comment:

mummy-who-cooks said...

Maymun is still waiting for her postcard... :)

P/s: kitorang berdua tengah 'mabuk Salmon'

Muuahh... !