Thursday, February 16, 2012

What A Pretty Sight?

On February 14, she came home as usual but this time full of excitement and could not wait to share her excitement with me. The smile on her face was brighter, so much so that it accentuated the deep dimple that she has on her cheeks as well as chin. What a pretty sight, when my little angel is all excited.

“Mama, today I got 4 valentines”, I responded “Oh wow, lucky you”. She quickly took all the chocolates and wishings that were given to her and laid them in front of me. It warms my heart to see the innocence of an angel being celebrated on valentine's day.

What makes this valentine so special for her was that a Senior admirer had also given her a gift of chocolate. Later, she shared her excitement with hubby, and he goes, “wow that was nice, did he ask you out?” well hubby is such a teaser.

I am pretty sure that my little angel will have more valentines in her life forward, without a doubt she will also experience the painful truth of a broken heart, and I want her to know that as long as I am alive I will be there to mend that broken heart.

I no longer believe in valentine, but I am glad that she is experiencing it for now.

No comments: