Thursday, February 9, 2012

How Yesterday Was

Here how yesterday was:

Woke up at around 0500 hours

By 8 was in the shower to get ready for the lineup of appointments.

0930 hours – all tucked up and accompanied by hubby, we left the house for my first appointment at 1000 hours with my OBGYN Gynecologist (OBstetrics and GYNecology). Since her clinic is not too far from home, we decided to walk in the falling snow.

I am taking the walk in the cold weather better now; I am just surrendering to the Lord and doing what I am destining to do. Anyways, we arrived 10 minutes early. I always like the ambience of her clinic as much as I like her.

When it was my turn, as usual some questions and answers before sitting on the “queens’ throne” (I called the sitting chair while being probed and checked semi naked), this is normally an awkward moment where I try to avoid eye contact and my gynecologist will be singing and humming her favorite song in French, ha ha ha………………….. can you imagine that?

After approximately 10 minutes of checking and probing, I got dressed and went to meet her in her office. She looked at me and asked “have you done a vaginal sonogram before?”. Me: “No”. She continued and told me that she was sending me for an immediate blood test as well as a vaginal sonogram.

Me: can I know if the process will be painful?

Gyn: no, not really, (and walking back to the checking room, she took something which honestly looked like a dildo to me) they will use this to look inside you.

Me: oh ok (I guess I will enjoy the ride when I am there………. Ha ha ha … funny)

Left her clinic at around 1040 hours and took the train for my next appointment for X-rays and sonogram of my right shoulder, along the way we make a stop at the laboratory for my blood test. Since we arrived at the radiologist early, we decided to do some walking at the first district.

1300 hours – waiting for my turn at the orange color section of the X-ray department, once done I was asked to go to the red section and wait for my turn for the sonogram. During the sonogram, the technician told me that I have to do an urgent MRI because he noticed a rupture (whatever). Mind you, as the system goes I am already at the Radiologist but for the MRI I have to go back to my GP (located in the 4th district) for a letter of request for the MRI (oh my).

1420 hours – left the radiologist office, took the train back to the 4th district, meanwhile called my GP’s office for an appointment, and was told to just come as a walk in patient. Ok, whatever, by this time I am already too bored to argue for a fix time and I also understand that the notice that I gave was too short.

1450 hours – registered at the GP, sit and wait, and wait, and wait.

1540 hours – my turn with the GP, he read the results of my X-rays and sonogram, then he told me that he will not send me to do the MRI immediately (thank you Lord), he said “we will do that closer to your operation time”, ermm…………. Operation? Eh…., wait a minute, I don’t remember this in any of our discussion. Anyhow, I just said ok, happy that I don’t have to spend more money and time.

I thought that was the end of our meeting for the day, errr…………… nope, wrong!!!! He then told me that he will be giving me three more injections (I don’t really remember the contrail of the jabs), but he said it was supposedly shrunk the growth and contain the pain (growth?, rupture? again whatever) and I am to come back in a week’s time for a second injection and again in another week’s time for the third injection.

1625 hours – got into my winter jacket and left his office. The snow was falling pretty heavy now, and somehow I am enjoying it so much today. I asked hubby if he mind walking more and staying for a moment longer under the falling snow. Sadly, he said no, as he was feeling so cold and could not take it anymore, and he just wants to go home. Of course, I understand his predicament, he’s still on medical leave and will be so for a month, it is not fare for me to drag him out in the cold, just because I am a bit cranky today with the hours of being probed, probed and probed, and I think the injection was giving me a new high…………….. whatever?

Arrived home……………….. greeted by two happy angels.

Now at 0129 hours – I am wide awake and feeling so hot and sweating, oh my, my, what’s going on?

Note: vaginal sonogram can only be done next Tuesday (January 14), and blood results will be done tomorrow, err…………………….. I mean today at midday.

Halleluiah………………………………

No comments: