Monday, February 6, 2012

Al Fatiha To You Atok

Atok

Last night you came to my dream again. This is the third time Atok you had come to me, and you always do that when I am in my most lowest and vulnerable situation. Are you feeling me there Atok?
It was strange how you always come to me smiling and not saying a single word; it is as though you are telling me that you have my back watched. When I woke up I just don’t want to be awake, I want to go back to that dream and see you smiling again.

Atok

In the dream, it was a memorial for you but strangely none of my family members were there, not even my mom, it was only your other children, my uncles and aunties.

Another strange thing that I could recall from the dream was that my eldest uncle had told us to sit only in a single row and not facing each other. The reason he wanted the facing row to be left empty is so that, you could hear us, when each one of us present a eulogy on you.

Atok

Like when you were alive, in any family gathering food was in abundance. There was so much food Atok, the only one missing was you.

When it was my turn to speak, I told you how I remembered the moment that I was sent back from school because of the accident that I had with the barb wire. It was dusk, you were in the kitchen, and when you saw what happened and the blood on my thigh, your lips started to quiver momentarily and you hurriedly organized things. I still remember that moment Atok, though not in so much detail.

In the dream you were also caressing my forehead, it was a very peaceful feeling. I know you are at peace there Atok, together with my Atokbak and your other children, whom I have only heard off and never met before.

We will meet again, please come to my dream more often, please take away all the pains that I am suffering from now.

Al Fatiha to you Atok

No comments: