Friday, March 18, 2011

My Lost Battle

It was raining the whole night last night and still raining this morning

The wind was whimpering like a little child in pain, so strong and so loud

We have to leave the house early for an important appointment

Made a pit stop at McDonald for a quick breakfast

The clock said that we still have a lot of time to spare

But walking in the rain could take more than we anticipated

Got a smile and was mistaken again for a Pilipino by the building receptionist…… ?????

Go through security scan, as usual it beeps when I pass …………….?????

Appointment went well, we were happy, Alhamdulillah

Left the building, rain still pouring, hubby put my hood on

My Kilimanjaro was worth every cent from the sale price that I bought

Walking back to the station, we were happy planning on top of more plans

Then …………… hubby said “honey look at the earthworm”

I freaked out, screaming and shrilling, as I tiptoed in the rain, not caring for any looks that came my way

I swear my heart could have stopped, there were hundreds of them, some squashed, some flatten to their skins, but more were wriggling proudly on their fat belly, so long and so so gross, on the road in the falling rain

My steps have now become hops, jumps, dances, I don’t know what

I was just literally losing my mind at their disgusting sight

Oh it was a battle with the earthworms for me this morning

And a battle that I surrender with white flags held high up

I hate them, hate them, and will always hate them

Hubby had his five minutes of fun and was still laughing at me as we parted ways.

No comments: