Sunday, March 6, 2011

My Bicycle

This letter was written by a distraught man to a bitter FAT man who was trying to intimidate him to give up his bicycle. Funny as you may think, but this took place on February 28, 2011.
--------------------------------------------Dear Hamid

I hope you are doing fine and enjoying the place. Last night I had a good ride to my new apartment on my bicycle. I remember when I was 6 years old; my parents bought me a bicycle. Ever since then, I was hooked to the hobby of riding the bicycle. Nothing beats the feel of the wind and the scenery when riding on a bicycle.

Of course to have a bicycle, I had to maintain a certain body physic. One day, one of my friends, we used to call him fatty, wanted to borrow my bicycle. As much as I did not want to hurt his feelings, I totally refused lending him my bike. Being fat is bad enough, but being fat and breaking my bike is more than I can handle. Since that moment, this friend started going on diet to lose weight, that and lots of exercises until he eventually was able to go up a flight of stairs and not take the lift.

When I arrived to Vienna, I did not get my bicycle with me. I had to buy a new one. For that I went to this wonderful shop full of all sorts of bicycles of all shapes, colours and price tags. I decided to settle on a 700euro bicycle which I liked so much. Sadly, the guy in the shop refused to give me the bicycle for free, I therefore resorted to bargaining with him whether I can take the bicycle using Mozambican currency, to that he also refused. I tried to explain to him the currency exchange business but that did not work either. Eventually I had to pay for the bicycle. I have added some gadgets and gizmos to it over the years and now its value increased.

I take my bicycle every day to work. The trip there will take me less than half an hour. I have to warn you though. There are lots of thieves in Vienna and people who would want to take my bicycle for free. Luckily I am defended against that, from insurance to pepper spray, I hope no one messes with my bicycle.

Please find attached a picture of my bicycle.

Guest Post Writer

No comments: