Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pearls Of Joy

Today is my lazy day, but then again everyday is my lazy day………….. whatever, it is my lazy day alright. So what do you think I will do on a lazy day like today? Nothing, honestly, still trying to figure out what have I achieved today?

However, I was just wondering if my life would have been any different if I were to be selfish and obnoxious and could not give a damn to anyone or anything except for me. Would I have been a richer person if I were to deny the responsibilities of a mother to her four pearls of joy? Would I have been higher in rank than I was before if I were to kiss ass and be a Yes man?

There have been many things that I look forward to but there was never a day that I never ever look forward to hear the voices of my pearls, or to wish them a good day or a good night, or to be able to hold them close to me, or to shout at them when they misbehave, or just tickle and tease them till they hate me for doing so.

Now all of them are big adults, own individuals, independent and responsible people, and on my lazy day like today, I miss them, I miss all of them. I might not have been the best mother for them, but I have been there for them, I have always been there to patch up all their broken pieces, I wish I could have some super power to even make all their wishes come true, for I am not only me but most of all I am their mother.

I am now blessed with the adorable smile of yet another piece of pearl, my one and only grandson. Every day, I will look at his pictures and it simply gives me a sense of peace within myself.

On my lazy day I know I can look back with pride and not regret, for I have never abandoned my four pearls of joy.

No comments: