Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine

It is that time of the year again, where young lovers go gu gu ga ga over each other, spending ridiculous amounts of money for a stalk of rose or flower of their choice, while old lovers feel contented that they still have each other to smile at.

This day used to be much celebrated by yours truly, first it was the can’t get you anything enough ever moment, then please I have too much already moment, then it is alright if I don’t get to see you moment, to finally dahh it is over moment, and now this day has no significant meaning at all.

Once I had my children this day become a pledge of my love for them. I started buying small presents for them, wrapping them up with happiness in my heart, given with joy to them, in anticipation of the cheeky appreciation look on their beautiful faces. This day indeed was meant for my children and nothing more.

On this day now, as I look at all the red balloons, the cute hearts with extended arms, the florist extended hours of operation, I could only recall with a twitch in my stomach what this day meant to me many years back, and I laugh.

As hubby and me enjoy our quality time with my two angels today, he dragged me into the ever so famous Swarovski boutique, whispering time and again in my ear to choose a gift for this day. I love looking at their special design in collaboration of this celebration, but ermm………….. I would rather we keep the money (ahh well this is what I have become now on this day).

Anyways, to all of you who still believe that love should only be pledged on this day, here’s one for you……………. HAPPY VALENTINE DAY and yeah enjoy!!!!

No comments: