Friday, September 11, 2009

Stop Shrilling Please

Ever since the time of her accident, a shrill from any of the kids will suddenly pull a very tight string to my heart, and send my head spinning. When we were online today, she suddenly called with this shrill of excitement, hearing that familiar shrill, I shudder suddenly in anticipation.

What an impact that accident had on me till this moment, I hope in time I would be able to overcome it. However, it does not help much if they keep on coming to me with the same scenario. For example today, in the morning it was my medic princess shrills of excitement that sent my mind boggling, then in the evening, while I was in the back room hanging clothes, suddenly the house was filled up with a loud shrill from Chef Diva. I just stood there and waited what could this shrilling be now?

She came running to the room, holding her cheeks in her hands, jumping with joy just to tell me that her indie group (Tegan and Sara) will be having their Europe concerts. My jaw dropped as I looked at her, oh my God, all the shrills just for this?!!!!!!!

I hope they realize that their mother is not getting any younger and that there is so much that her battered mind and heart can take. So my darling children, be kind or be ready to send me down under.

Stop shrilling for heaven sake.

No comments: