Saturday, September 19, 2009

I Love You Abah

The ringing of the phone very early in the morning jolted me from my sleep. Normally, I would have been awake but today being Saturday; I decided to nap again after the Subuh prayers.

When I answered, there was no one on the line; I waited for awhile till the line went dead. Actually, I was still too sleepy to even bother look at the number. Not long after the phone rang again.

This time I sit up and look at the number before answering it, it was an overseas call. Then that voice that I am missing so much comes through, it was Abah, what a blessing to hear his voice again.

Abah called, yea, yea, what a way to complete this blissful Ramadhan. We talked at length asking each other questions, and hearing Abah’s laughter was surreal. He sounded so good; I could just go on, if only the cost of the calls could have been cheaper.

I invited Abah to come and visit, InsyaAllah, he said. I hope he will, Abah to me is the best man in this entire world. May the Lord keep you healthy and happy always.

I love you Abah.

No comments: