Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fasting in the Month of Shawwal

As the Ramadhan is fast approaching its ending, I told the angels that I would like to do the six days of fasting in the month of Shawwal. There was no comment from Chef Diva; however, the curious little angel will always have questions to make her understand the concept of the six days fasting.

I explained to her what I know to the best, she was attentive all the time, and finally telling me that she wants to do the same with me, Alhamdulillah for her desire to try and do the six days of fasting. This time round I don’t think it will be as long as the Ramadhan month timing, as the weather has now changed and night approaches earlier. InsyaAllah.

But, again, this six days fasting is not obligatory, rather only recommended. There is reward for whoever does it, and no sin upon anyone who leaves it.

Fasting Six days in the month of Shawwal
Abu Ayyoub reported that the Messenger of Allah, salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam said "Whoever fasts the month of Ramadhan and then follows it by fasting six days during the month of Shawwal will be rewarded as if he had fasted the entire year. [Muslim, at-Tirmithi, Ibn Majah, Abu Dawood and Ahmad by way of Jabir].

No comments: