Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Power of Praying

My mind totally was shut off from all the planning pursuing the good news that we received. For almost every day my thinking cap was revolving around my medic princess, thank you for two beautiful friends who were willing to extend their hands to her, which also eased my worrying a bit.

Yesterday, I finally realized that I had so many things to do before May of next year (InsyaAllah). Hubby and I prepared a small advert to be posted on the notice board; while at the same time I sent an email to someone that we are comfortable with, informing her of our intentions.

Staying alone, I keep on organizing things mentally, till to a point that I was feeling drained out by my own OCDs. At this point of time, I can only turn to the Almighty Lord for peace and solace. I kneeled down to Him and asked Him to bless us with our desires, to bless us with our planning and to help us meet our intended timeliness.

Please trust me when I say that I believe in the power of praying. It was during Iftar, the phone rang, it was not a familiar number, I answered in between my two angels’ busy digging into their plates (hubby had dinner outside). Yes, the first caller, yes the first person to show an interest, yes they may not close down the deal, but Almighty Lord had answered my prayers. I felt choked with this blessing, and could only go on thanking Him while the desire for eating my Iftar just vanished.

To my kids, trust no one but Him, as He will not fail you, but be patient with your power of praying.

Thank you Lord.

No comments: