Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Shattered By Your Tears

For the Ramadhan month I have to wake up a couple of times, firstly to wake everyone up for `syahur’, then to see Chef Diva off to work, third time to wake my little angel and finally to wake hubby and see him off to work.

Last Thursday was nothing different, the routine was adhered to, and once everyone was out of the house, I went and cleaned the kitchen or put the laundry to wash while waiting for the phone call from my little angel to let me know that she is safe in school. Once all these were in place, I went back to my room to catch up on my sleep or to watch the news on CNN, or to check my mails.

That morning hubby called early from work, he was so excited to let me know that they had finally called and gave us the news that we have been waiting for. We could not thank the Lord more especially when such news comes in the holy month of Ramadhan and on a Thursday. Both our minds went shooting like rockets one after the other planning and planning and planning. We were simply overjoyed.

My medic princess called later that morning as she was about to leave for her trip, I can’t help but share with her the happy news, we talked about some more common things, laughing and giggling, while at the same time I was reminding her to do all the necessities before her long trip.

But good news were not meant to last forever, about an hour after our telephone conversation, she did a miss call, when I called her back, my heart was shattered to hear her cry, to hear her so helpless in the rain, to hear her so confused, to hear my baby in distraught. I was dumbfounded. The tears could not come out, I was just calling and calling every few minutes to let her know that she does not have to be afraid, that I am there with her though not physically.

That day I can’t remember how many times, I kneel down to the Lord and offer my thanks for she and her friends were safe. Like being in a phobia, I feel so afraid if I do not hear her voice or get a text message from her, so I could not sleep at all. I was just sitting in the dark and checking my phone every so often.

Again thank you Lord for your blessings, and thank you for protecting my baby and her friends.

1 comment: