Thursday, June 4, 2009

MRI - Baby


MRI

In this image
Of your brain
I see each curve
In the corpus callosum,
Curlicues of gyri,
Folding of fissures,
Sinuous sulci,
Mammillary bodies,
Arcuate fasciculus,
Angular gyrus,
Tracts and nuclei,
Eyes and ears,
Tongue and phalanx.

But not even
A single syllable
Of one
Tiny
Poem

Vernon Rowe. In: Angela Belli and Jack Coulehan, eds. Blood and Bone: Poems by Physicians (Iowa City: University of Iowa Press, 1998), p. 102.

I am smitten with your arrival, I can only anticipate from a distance; from the first look I am in love so in love with you, I pray to the Lord that you are showered with tenderness and care that only purity of the heart can give. I awaited your arrival, the countdown of your grand entrance and the joy of your first cry. It was a blessing that is immeasurable. Now, I wonder if our minds will ever speak the same language.

No comments: