Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson! I'm Mourning!

‘Ma, my condolences 2 u. Ur bf passed away dis morn. Michael Jackson hs left d building…….’ This was the text message that I received at the wee hours of my time here, to be more accurate I received this message at around 01.04 am.

Earlier on I had heard commotion between hubby and my Chef Diva on the truth of the story, as they both were getting news on WOW. Hubby on the TV and the confirmation of his demised was undeniable. I just pulled the pillows over my head not wanting to believe what was said on TV, and play act at sleeping.

We had planned to go for his final concert in London, which will not happen now. However, I was glad that I had the opportunity to attend one of his concerts back home many years back, lucky enough to be given the VIP seat, lucky enough to enjoy every second of those moments, lucky enough to even share this moment with my eldest sister and my Chef Diva.

You just cannot get enough of MJ, so when he was in Singapore, believe it or not I travelled there, got the concert tickets, only to be ditched by him twice as he was in reclusions amidst the accusation of child molestation. I never stop following the life of MJ.

When my brother tore down all of his posters that I had in my room, I was just devastated, the torn posters were left on my bed, so vindictive he was, just so I have no choice but to see the posters shattered. I remember taking the torn posters, folding them back again nicely, with tears running down my cheeks. Since then no more of MJ’s posters were on my wall, but I kept a little scrape book instead. This way no one can take that away from me.

Ah ……. That was my experience with MJ, still to me he is the king of pop and will forever be, in life or otherwise. RIP MJ.

‘Have You Seen My Childhood?

Al Fatiha for Michael

No comments: