Sunday, June 7, 2009

His Majesty's Birthday

An invitation arrived in the mail box, it was neatly typed and very official, obviously it must be from an organization, yeah, an invitation for lunch to celebrate the King’s birthday. Oh such grandeur here and what are you people thinking of exactly, do you think people here even give a shit who our King is.

Yes, I am one who has been there, done that and receiving this invitation was just an insult to the wound. During my tenure of employment there I was not only taxed on my income but I was also overtaxed by more than Thirty-Six Thousand Ringgit, and these people are happily celebrating the King’s birthday at the expense of the tax payers.

How much more do they want to strangle the throats of the citizens? How much more do they want to lavish themselves at the sufferings of normal income earners? How much more and how long more? I am against monarchy, what do these people do exactly, except to carry on the legacy of a monarch, and yet we have to kiss the road that they walk on. Oh, please give me a break already.

At first, I thought it would be nice to meet and mingle around with your own country people, but the guilt of conspiring with the government on the mercy of the poor income earners, I choose to RSVP but ignore the invites, I know it sounds stupid, but whatever it is, RSVP or not, they will still go ahead. The saying that one could make a difference may sound too farfetched, but I am not afraid to be the odd one out.

Enjoy while you can. Just because you have never felt the pain, that does not give you the reason to keep on pressing.

No comments: