Monday, June 8, 2009

It Ain't Over Till It's Over

My girlfriend’s email was ever so funny, each time I read her emails I will be laughing so much to myself, as it is only me who understands the content. This time round it was about her only son, ahh………… tell me about what I don’t already know.

She was so furious this time with her son that she wanted to throw him out of the house immediately, I called her just to pacify the situation a bit, we end up laughing so much that by the end of the conversation the problem was never too heavy when shared.

Her son who had just graduated, borrowed some money from the father to buy a SWIFT, wow, I was thinking not bad for a young graduate, he promised his father that the payment will be made stagger every month, but unfortunately that was not forthcoming, and the husband starts to lash out at her for pampering the son so much, so in the end she gave the money to her son to pay the father (does that make sense?).

Now, she said hardly six months working, he messaged her informing her that he wanted to get married, he is simply tearing her apart. My advised to her was simple, sons you can’t live with them neither can you live without them, the best is to let them free, let them do what they want, as mothers you can only advise and negotiate, but at the end of the day, even if he brought home a villain, just bless them, and learn to let go.

She is devastated at the moment as she is tight in finances, her husband does not like the girl, and the son is no longer in talking term with him, that left her pondering and staring at the ceiling night in and night out. What else can I say, not much, every problem should have a solution, it is either you want to accept the solution or you can go on suffering in silence. Am I glad that my experience taught me to value such a situation that she is currently in?

All the best girlfriend, when you think it is done, just remember that it ain't over till it is over, so yeah, pray and all the best.

No comments: