Friday, June 19, 2009

Another Sleepover

This morning I prepared her normal lunch pack with yet another style of sandwich, she loves to be surprised whenever she eats her lunch at school, so preparing her lunch pack has been like a little game for us. However, this morning I was more cautious with the content of the sandwich, as my little angel will not be back in the evening and I want to be sure that she will not be hungry, she has yet another sleepover.

Hugging and kissing her goodbye, I feel a tinge of tears in my eyes, seeing how beautiful she has grown to be, so tall, so slim and so articulate with everything she does. Saying a silent prayer in my heart for her safety, I still find it difficult to let her go, and worse still when she has to go for a sleepover at a house that is totally different in culture, belief and upbringing, but I know she wanted to go for this sleepover so much, as this particular friend will be leaving the school for good, and this was a goodbye get together.

Together we prepared a gift for her friend last night, tying the bow of golden ribbon on the packing, I checked with her if it was presentable enough, she squealed with laughter as she always think whatever mama does is the best. She arranged all the books that she had borrowed from the school library for her reading during the summer holidays on the table next to her couch, before saying good night.

The life here has changed her attitude towards her studies, she is more competitive now, and gets very upset if she does not score the way she had wants to. She has grown to be more responsive to the teachers in class, more open to friends, and taking more interest in reading.

I will be missing her till she is back in the house again, I can only hope that she will have a good sleepover, and the friendship that she had bonded with this particular friend will last beyond these goodbyes.

My little angel ……………….. I will always be proud of you.

No comments: