Saturday, June 20, 2009

Medical Checks

Like it or not I had to make the trip to the doctor, as it is mandatory for me to undergo this medical check, an X-ray of the chest was also required. Since hubby was working from home, it was easy for us to manage the time to do this.

We went to the Radiology place first as it was not too far from our house. We did not have to wait long, when I was called after less than 15 minutes of waiting. I went into the changing room but could not find any robe that we normally put on after taking off our clothes, I was confused for a while, still trying to figure out how am I going to go and have the X-ray taken. The knock on the door indicated that I had to go out already, on an impulse I decided to put my bra on again, but that was not meant to be as I was instructed to have my bra off.

Oh my God, I was so embarrassed and so conscious of myself, without looking at the Radiologist and with my hands covering my breast I walked straight to have the X-Ray taken, once done I quickly run to the changing room, and was swearing under my breath.

At the medical check up again the doctor told me to undress too, only this time I was allowed to keep my bra and knickers on, Alhamdulillah hubby was there waiting in the room with the doctor. It was really weird how things were organized so differently here, back home the doctors are very careful when checking their patients, they will always be accompanied by a nurse or an assistant. I hate to think when I have to do my regular pap smears, what will I be exposed to then? Or should I just go back and have my yearly medical there to save more embarrassment.

Like the saying goes ‘there will always be a first in everything’.

No comments: