Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

It is Father’s day today, wow such big deal, anyways, I don’t think you need a day to appreciate or to remember your parents by. I got my first ever wish on Father’s day today from my medic princess, as she said I have been both mother and father to them for a long time (tell me) .

My response was thank you, thank you. It’s my responsibility anyways and I can only give my undying love and commitment to all my precious kids. Looking back, I realized that no one knows what it was like having to take care of four kids single handedly. Trust me it was tough, at times very tough, but I have to get going, I can’t turn round and just ignore all the responsibilities. Alhamdulillah, for the strength and sanity. There were times that I would stay awake all night long, contemplating my life but I never broke down, the kids were my reasons for living.

The world can talk, speculate, sneer and laugh at me, I don’t give a damn. I know I am not a perfect parent but I give them my all. I will be lying if I said that between the kids and me we had no differences, ahh…………………. We always have lots of them, as to the kids I am so old school, my jokes were so last year, my fashion statement all so wrong, my demands too much, my expectations too high, my time so limited, tell me which one of you never complained about your parents. It is alright for me, because I know no one can love them as much as I do.

Age is catching up on me fast, health is ticking its time of imperfectness too, there were times that I pondered and wished that I could look through the crystal glass to see that my kids will have a happy life even when I am dead and gone. InsyaAllah.

I am not going to be cliché here by the same saying that appreciate your parents while they are still living, I will just say remember them by if you can.

Happy Father’s Day !!!!!

No comments: