Friday, April 17, 2009

Will You Ever Change?

Waiting outside the doctors’ room, I can’t help but notice the efficient paramedics rolling in patient after patient, in their bright orange uniform. It was nice to see how young these people were, and how committed too, each holding an electronic palm, which automatically will churn out the report as they deposit the patients.

My admiration goes to the patients who were lucky to be attended to ASAP, thus saving them precious times, and my mind railed back home. I remember how when we call for an ambulance, they will make sure that you can afford to pay first before they are willing to come round, not enough they will arrive at critically long delays that it deems hopeless to have called and negotiate with them at all.

There was this one time an ambulance driver lost his way, which was just next to our condo, and out of curiosity we stopped to offer help of direction, we could hear the driver of the ambulance talking to his colleague on the phone, without a care if the patient is gonna be dead or alive. He even ignored our question, what was worse was that he stepped out of the ambulance and started to smoke. I can only imagine how would he feel if the one who was waiting for the ambulance was him.

Will these people ever change in my life time? I don’t know and I sure don’t care anymore.

I do not hope for the world to change, the only change that I am making is in me.

No comments: