Sunday, April 26, 2009

This Old Lady

See this picture perfect of an old lady alone, yeah she caught my attention while we were all waiting outside the doctor’s room. So petite and neat and alone and confident, she seat there in deep thought, eyes never wondering with curiosity.

Funny, this little neat old lady suddenly has a resemblance to one of my nieces, I saw my niece in her, I closed my eyes and tried very much to be distracted by other patients, but the old lady was the center of my concentration.

When a nurse came to assist her, she politely declined the help and walked the distance to the doctor’s room on her own. Such is life you walk the path of the world alone, in contrary to our cultural believe that you brought your children up, so that they will be destined to be your care taker when you are old.

I hope there will be many more old people in this world that will not be afraid to be on their own, no matter how many kids you have, they should not be burdened by you.

No comments: