Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ayam Golek

Hubby was awarded his recognition, I was delighted, thank you Lord for another blessing. Hubby deserved what was given, for the entire good job well done, and all the sincerity put into achieving a mission.

Decided to have a little feasts for our tiny family here, what better than to cook my ever so famous `Ayam Golek’. This recipe was taught to me by sister in law; I was never a fan of this dish till it was done by my sister in law, and ever since it became one of the shared favorite dishes for my own family.

Cooking this dish is very lengthy, but mind you it is worth all the effort, I am sharing here the recipe, but as usual I have no measurements for the ingredients, I just go with my intuition.

Ingredients: 1 medium size chicken (clean, pad dry, marinate with salt and ginger for 30 minutes), fried shallot, spring onion and parsley (chopped into small pieces), 10 -16 pieces candle nuts, 20 shallots, 1 inch ginger, 2 cloves garlic (blended together), 1 packet of `Kurma Powder’, 6 pieces of medium size tomato (chopped into small pieces). Cooking oil, salt and sugar to taste.

Method: In a large wok deep fry the chicken whole, once done remove and let it cool. In another wok, heat some cooking oil, add the blended ingredients, let it fry till fragrant for 8 minutes, add the kurma powder, further fry for 5 minutes, add the chopped tomatoes and fry till they are all disintegrated, add the chopped spring onion, parsley as well as the fried shallot for 10 minutes, finally add the chicken and let it simmer till gravy thickens. Remove from heat, transfer to a baking dish, and bake in the oven at 200 degree for 45 minutes.

Happy trying and enjoy.

No comments: