Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Under Attack

On the day that we were leaving for Kedah, hubby was down with very high fever, so we had to make a quick stop over at the Mediveron Clinic. There, the doctor even decided to take his blood sample. We left with 4 kinds of medication for him; of course I have to take over the driving.

The vacation that we had planned was spent monitoring his temperature as well as making sure that he gets all the rest needed. The blood results show that his platelet counts was at 115 as compared to the normal reading of 150. The doctor does not make it any easier for us as he said that there could be a possibility that hubby is down with dengue. However, my Medic daughter refused to let us worry ourselves in believing what the doctor said, and we decided to follow what she said instead.

The hotel in Penang is one of the best that we have choose to stay in, so while the girls spent their time at the pool and the gym, I had to stay with hubby as he was really ill, I have never seen him in such a situation before. He even said that he was ready to die (well he is an exaggerator at times, but when you are sick, you are sick I suppose).

On the morning of our check out, I was suddenly down with very high fever too, while my whole body was aching mad, it is as though someone is practically hammering me all over, my throat was irritating me, the cough started in full swing and tons of flem follows.

The three girls went down to enjoy a wonderful buffet breakfast, while hubby waited on me. I could hardly carry myself; every inch of me was aching so so much. I swear that a couple of times I was so close to tears but I know this is a test from the Lord and I should be strong.

Today at 0500 hours I woke up as I was shivering under my blanket, went to the kitchen and took my magic pills, it helps with the fever but not the body aching, so I decided to take the medication that hubby was given. I hope I will get better in a few days. We are wondering what is this nasty virus that has made its way to our bodies, and totally, totally leaving us helpless.

No comments: