Thursday, December 4, 2008

Save My Day

Today none of us had any desire to make breakfast or take breakfast; we were just so laid back. However, at around 1030 hours we were all beginning to yearn for some food. On impulse we decided to go to Pavilion for food then to the Low Yat Mall.

Upon arriving at Pavilion I had suggested that we give the car for Jockey parking, but hubby insists that it is alright to go to the parking as he is confident that we will not have any difficulty locating our car. Little did he realize that once the stomach is full the brain is less alert, so when it was time to leave, we went round and round the parking but could not locate our car.

The situation was made worst as we had already paid for the parking, which means that after 15 minutes the parking ticket will have to be revalidated. A security guard on duty was of not much help too, seeing that we were getting more anxious he called for a buggy to come and ferry us in locating our car.

The road home was heavily jammed due to the sudden heavy down pour, everyone was bored as a dead log in the car. The only person who was still concentrating on the road was hubby as he was driving. We finally arrived to the destination, and to get a parking in this place is almost impossible, I am really not in the mood to go round and round in search for a parking anymore. Therefore, the car was parked on the shoulder of the main road.

We went on doing our things, assuming that no policemen will come round at this hour of the day, what more with this weather. We spotted a new coffee shop and decided to give it a try; all four of us placed our orders happily. While waiting for the food hubby had gone over to the next shop to get a quote to replace our wind screen wipers.

We were chatting, joking and laugh while enjoying our order, suddenly the guy whom hubby had earlier asked for the quote came and said, `your car, your car, go move quickly, police summon’. Without much thinking hubby throw the keys at me and I was next to the policeman in a split second.

The ticket was already issued, I begged him to take back the ticket, but he said I was too late. Not one who give up so easily, I followed him, and again he told me that I was too late. Meanwhile, he went on with his work to issue the next summon on the next car, then I realized that the car he had just planted the summon on was not mine, but the next one is. Like a lightning I went straight in front of him and told him, `wait, wait this is my car, I will move it now’. He laughed and told me to take the car and move quickly.

I was saved twice today, thanked God. Looking back I know we were simply stupid.

No comments: