Monday, December 15, 2008

Augmentin 625mg And Me

I have been sick since the 9th of December, 2008, having been to the hospital, I can only hope to feel well. However, the medication that was given to me was all super powerful especially the antibiotic. The prescribed antibiotic was Augmentin 625mg.

Augmentin is an antibiotic in a group of drugs called penicillins, which fights bacteria in the body. I have never had any antibiotic which is as strong as this one, it actually caused more damaged to my already sick body then before consuming it.

On the first day of consuming this medication I was experiencing all sorts of reactions, but I didn’t realize that this was part of the side effects, as I was not informed by the hospital. The direction was to take the antibiotic for 5 days, each day I was feeling worse, I started to have stomach pain, a lot of gas, total loss of appetite, loose bowels and nauseated. My mood swings were getting the better of me.

Hubby wanted me to stop taking the medication, but then when you started a course of antibiotic you are to finish it, so I was enduring all these side effects and trying to be strong at the same time. The next thing that creeps into my system was a severe headache, and my fever kept coming back off and on. It was only at this point of time that I decided to look up on the internet about this product.

I was shocked to learn about the severe side effects of this antibiotic, as usual I can only wonder which direction our medical system heading to?

It does not make any difference if you were to just walk into one of the thousand clinics that are available on the sidewalks, or go to a reputable private hospital. The only difference is that those side walk clinics will cost you peanuts for a better prescription of medication, while the reputable private hospital boost up your confidence only to drop you like a rotten tomato.

Today is the last day of the antibiotic; I pray that I will be feeling a lot better tomorrow. The whole episode is a nightmare I wish not to walk into again.

No comments: