Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's Duckling Santa

It is Xmas time again, on this day I choose to give gifts to all my kids and my only daughter-in-law; I also exchanged gifts with some of my favorite people, so it was truly a time for giving.

The day started as lazy as anyone can think of, we had planned to have a big dinner too, and everyone was looking forward to that moment. This year I was too lazy to put up our little tree, so we do without a tree, hence the kids were not aware that gifts were still in the menu. Lunch was normal; everyone was chatty about nothing and everything. Immediately after lunch and all the cleaning up, I gave the girls their gifts, and it is the look of surprise that I so love to see in my girls’ faces; This moment that I so wish to capture forever.

We had two roast chickens, gnocchi with cheese and homemade tomato sauce, curry puff, cheese cake, doughnuts etc. It was really enjoyable to see everyone in good spirit. The kids and hubby ended up playing card games, while I went to my sanctuary for my dose of computer games.

I don’t know what time my son and daughter-in-law left, as hubby and I had to go out for an appointment. I look forward to more quality time with the family always.

No comments: