Tuesday, December 30, 2008

NICE.....Indah Nama Dari Rupa

I was invited for a quick trip to Singapore recently with a Girlfriend; I forgot all about it and was really not looking forward to the trip at all, however, having given her my word, I had to drag myself to go.

Since none of us wanted to drive, we decided to take the bus instead, my experience has only been on Aeroline (which was very reliable and comfortable). Sadly, she could not get any tickets on that bus, so she had no choice but to get the only bus available and that was Nice.

When I saw the bus I became depressed, I guess she could sense my feelings and suggested that we go to the lounge to wait. The lounge was a tiny square box; the first thing that caught my eyes was this Indian guy waiter with an apron as well as a red bow tie….. oops …… may be my eyes playing a trick on me, I looked again, confirmed an Indian with a red bow tie.

Not long after that came the announcement that the bus is ready. Off we went to the bus just to be told that the bus was going to Penang, instead we were told to go to another bus waiting in the front and locked, at this time it was raining and everyone was trying to duck themselves from the rain, just to discover again that it was not the bus. To make the story short, we finally were shown to the right bus, got into our seat, waited, waited again and again before the bus decided that it was already late, and time to buzz off.

We were greeted by a slurry dragging voice over the microphone; I swear I thought I was hallucinating, could someone be trained to be so incompetent and imbecile? What was she thinking of? After the announcement, she came round to serve us some pathetic looking bread, my tongue was eagerly wagging to confront her on the stupidity of her announcement, but the angelic side of me decided to do otherwise.

This is a bus that comes without a toilet on board, so if you want to pee, you better have a strong controlling power of your bladder as the bus will only stop at the decision of the driver, if you are hungry be reassured that you will stay hungry till you arrive to your destination, or well swallow the pathetic looking bread, you ain’t got no choice. The bus or the operator running the operation of the bus must be from another planet. Sitting on this bus make me feel as though I am on a charity ride.

NICE what a name? My Girlfriend was charged RM30.00 extra on top of the RM55.00 that was printed on the ticket, meaning for the full round trip she actually paid RM120.00 extra for the two of us, and no receipt was given.

Would I ever go on this bus again? No!!!!!!! I would rather crawl all the way to the causeway then to be intimidated the whole journey.

No comments: