Saturday, August 13, 2011

Scratching Like A Cat

My shoulder and right arm are hurting me so much lately; it got to the point that to scratch or to soap myself in the shower is not possible because of the pain and spasm that follows. Because of the fasting month, I also could not take any pain killers to overcome the pain.

Since three months back I have decided to change my personal doctor. The old doctor that has been attending to me for more than four years, does nothing more, but sending me for too much of blood tests, X-rays and Ultrasound, he even requested for an MRI which I ignored totally. Of late also I found him quite annoying, so I have now moved on to a husband and wife team of doctors. They are old school, very meticulous, explained every detail of my situation to me, and have got loads of patience.

On my second appointment with him, I took the heaps of X-Rays that I have and he explained to me what action is to be taken. Firstly, we are going to start with the cocktail of Anesthetic and Cortisone injection, if this does not work then it will be the injection with physiotherapy, finally if these too do not work then I will have to go under the knife. Since the pain has also moved to my neck, I am surrendering myself in his good hand.

So, yesterday at around 1500 hours I took my first shot from my new doctor, I chose not to break my fast as in my mind it is not something that I took to quench my hunger or desire but something to overcome my pain. insyaAllah, the Lord will accept my fasting of yesterday.
Due to the effect of the injection, I am, yes sleeping like a baby, just sleeping even on my normal non sleeping moments, itching all over, and I am like a cat that scratches itself constantly to take off the lice from their skin…………………. Eeewwwwwwww imagine that.

For now I am good, the pain has not gone totally, but the spasm has stopped, Alhamdulillah.

No comments: