Friday, August 5, 2011

Plight Of Courage

 
 
 
 
She was singing like as though there is no tomorrow. Her voice was good by the way. The location that she chose to be a busker was on an up market area. Every one (may be in the thousands) per day will be passing this way. Why not? Because she was singing in front of Zara store and on the way to Harrods, tell me who will not go to Harrods? Just for the curiosity of it right?

Anyways, like many, I was taken by the posters that were placed next to her, so she’s a student and singing on the street to support her study, it was noble I thought, thinking of my own kids in the far away land, so I supported her needs by placing my coins in the container. And I stood there for a long time watching her, listening to her, and thus liking her plight of courage.

However, on my second round of watching her, mind you she has been singing in the same location nonstop (except to gulp down a quick drink of mineral water) for hours, when I heard a lady with her husband behind me say that the young lady aka student wannabe was just miming. I was like what? Then I noticed that each time before she sang, she will tune to her green color iPod and quickly go to the microphone to sing. Then I also noticed the movement of her mouth and the song were not in sync. In that spur of the moment I wanted to grab her iPod and see how she sings without it, anyways, good thing I did not buy her CD (was tempted to, just to support her).

What people will do for money, and to think that she needed that to continue her study was a catch, at least for me……………………. ahhhh well!!!

No comments: